We welcome candidates from all cultural, geographical and educational backgrounds. Candidate selection is based on academic ability, social maturity, motivation, growth potential, and a commitment to the profession of massage therapy. Additionally, the evaluation considers application items and the academic assessment.
Download and fill out the application. Application forms are are also available at our Admissions Office. We are open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.. You can also contact us at (518) 489-4026.
Admissions Information and Requirements
CNWSMT accepts admission inquiries all throughout the year. We encouraged applicants to begin the admissions process as early as possible. We limit enrollment to ensure small class size and classes can fill up.
Candidates seeking admission to CNWSMT must be at least 18 years of age at the time classes begin. They also must have completed high school or have a GED certificate. All candidates must be U.S. citizens OR non-citizens admitted for permanent residency by law in the United States.
Download and complete the application or pick one up at our Admissions Office. Hours are Monday -Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. You can also get a packet by contacting CNWSMT at (518) 489-4026.
Submit the following items to apply. If your application does not include all items, your application is not considered complete.
- A non-refundable $50.00 application fee. We waive this fee if you attend one admissions event and for veterans.
- An Initial Inquiry Form, indicating citizenship status, provided by the Admissions Office.
- A personal statement based on questions provided by the Admissions Office.
- A High School Transcript or Diploma, or a GED certificate from a “bricks and mortar” school. We do not accept correspondence school or distance learning transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation completed on the CNWSMT Reference Form. Our Admissions Office will provide this form to you.
- Proof of one massage treatment from a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT). This can be from a student massage therapist in the CNWSMT Student Clinic. Massage must have been within the last twelve months.
- Government–issued photo ID with legal name and birth date.
- We ask applicants under the age of 19 to complete a short essay. Candidates under the age of 19 may be subject to additional requirements.
*See downloadable application above for more information.
See our 2016 – 2017 Catalog for complete details on admissions requirements and process.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify!
Check out your options for federal aid, scholarships and more here.
CNWSMT offers equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, disability, or marital status.