1. Please describe your
practice as a Massage Therapist.
I've worked in a spa for 7 years.
2. What is a typical week like
20-30 hours of massage
3. How has your career as a
Massage Therapist impacted your life?
Working in a positive environment with positive people and helping people made a huge difference.
4. What job or career did you
have prior to becoming a Massage Therapist?
Waitress, bartender, cooking
5. What inspired you to become
a Massage Therapist?
A little bit of this, a little bit of that. My mother encouraged me. Suffered from migraines – had massages for therapy – made a big difference.
6. What advice would you give
to someone thinking about a career in Massage Therapy?
I believe that after graduation you should start working in a spa to get a feel for the business / field before you open your own practice. Very helpful to get all the experience you can.
7. Estimated annual income as a Massage Therapist (not including any other sources.)
$25,000 - $40,000
Back to Graduate