|Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy - Admission Process
CNWSMT welcomes candidates from all cultural, geographical and educational backgrounds. Candidate selection will be based on academic ability, social maturity, potential for growth, personal motivation and a commitment to the profession of massage therapy. Candidates will be evaluated on their application items and an academic assessment.
An application packet can be downloaded from our website, by direct pickup at our Admissions Office, Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 5 pm and Friday from 9 am to 3 pm, or by contacting CNWSMT at (518) 489-4026.
Admissions Information and Requirements
Inquires into admission are accepted at any time throughout the year. Candidates are encouraged to begin the admissions process as early as possible, as enrollment is limited and classes can fill.
Candidates seeking admission to CNWSMT must be at least 18 years of age at the time classes begin and have completed high school or have a GED certificate. In addition, all candidates must be U.S. citizens or non-citizens who have been lawfully admitted for permanent residency in the United States.
In addition to an Initial Inquiry Form*, the following items must be submitted in order to complete the application process and be considered “applied:”
- A non-refundable $50 application fee
- A personal statement based on questions provided by the Admissions Office*
- A high school transcript from a “bricks-and-mortar” school (no correspondence school or distance learning transcripts will be accepted) or GED certificate
- Two letters of reference on the CNW Reference Form provided by the Admissions Office*
- Government-issued photo ID with legal name and birth date
- Documentation of having received one full-body massage within the last twelve months (receipt or letter from therapist), can be from the CNW Student Clinic
Candidates under the age of 19 may be subject to additional requirements.
*See downloadable application above for more information.
See our catalog for complete details regarding admissions requirements and the admissions process for CNW.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify!
Check out your options for federal aid, scholarships and more here.
The Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy offers equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, disability, or marital status.